Thursday, January 2, 2014

je suis mimi!

I am 1/4 Canadian French. For some reason, I am inordinately proud of this.

When I was a little girl, we used to go to Montreal every summer. I begged my mother to teach me something to say in French in case...I uh...needed to say something in French. My mother doesn't speak French, but she taught me this phrase: "Je suis Mimi!" I am Mimi!

Of course, I later learned that "Je suis [name]" is not proper French, that instead you would say "Je m'apelle [name]" (literally, "I call myself [name]". But then! I learned that a lot of people, especially in Canada, do in fact say "Je suis [name]." So...here I am. Je suis Mimi.

I have a lot of blogs, as you may or may know if you've been trying to follow me around for any length of time. I have no idea if anybody actually reads or cares about any of them. But that's okay. This one is about health and beauty. It's 2014, and I want to be the best me I can be.

ALLONS-Y!


No comments:

Post a Comment